Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A fresh start

Mrs. Original's best friend passed away last Thursday night. It's been a whirlwind of a week. I was in Philadelphia/NJ with them on Thursday, then back to VA on Friday, then back up there from Saturday until yesterday, and now I'm back home. And because I overslept/it snowed, I am sitting at home doing work today. But that's not the point.

Mrs. Original's cousin passed last year - half of the girls in her bridal party are now gone and we're not even 30. It's strange. And it's strange the way this makes you feel as a parent. I can't imagine outliving my children. For any reason. We cried a lot this weekend, her more than me, and we thought a lot. She's still there. I miss her and the youth terribly.

Our friend was such a wonderful person. She was silly, but in a good way. You'd shake your head and wonder what the hell she was thinking sometimes, but you could never get angry with her. You get all talked out after these things happen. I'm sure I'll have more to say at some point, just not now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home