Wednesday, May 23, 2007

How Over Is It?

For those of you who are Red Wings fans, you know the drill. For those of you who are not, it's time to get yourself acquainted with an annual tradition. When the Wings don't win the Stanley Cup (and keep in mind they've won 3 since 1997 and are widely considered the best team in the NHL over the last 2 decades), it's assumed that somebody has to go, that they're a problem and are holding the team back from reaching "the next level." Jimmy Carson. Tim Cheveldae. Bryan Murray. Chris Osgood. Paul Coffey. Ray Sheppard. Curtis Joseph. Dave Lewis. Manny Legace. I could go on. All casualties of not making it to "the next level." It's like a turkey farm on the third weekend of November. Somebody's going, because they couldn't make it to "the next level" of turkeydom.

So what happens next? Will next year be the dreaded rebuilding year? It's too early for that, I think. There are lots of things to worry about between now and then. The Pistons. The Tigers. Michigan football. DC United (my favorite local team). The start of the NFL season, I guess?

Front and center is the issue of what to do about my cable subscription. I got the following response from Cox Communications yesterday to my 15th (I think) email regarding this situation:

Dear Valued Cox Customer:

Thank you for contacting our Cox Northern Virginia Online Customer Care
Team.

We are currently working to add ESPNU. While we do not have a timetable
we can say we are in talks to add this channel with in the year.

If you need additional information on other Cox products or services,
please visit our web site at http://www.cox.com/fairfax
We hope that we have been able to provide you with the information you
requested. If we have not, or if we can be of any additional service to
you, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

My name is Margaret
Thank you for choosing Cox Communications, Your Friend in the Digital
Age!

Sincerely,
The Cox Northern Virginia Online Customer Care Team

Comments: Hi,
I'm wondering if there is any timetable to add ESPNU and/or CSTV to your
channel lineup. Cox customers in other parts of the country have these
channels, why not Fairfax?
Thanks.
IAmOver13: yes
submit: Submit

Progress! But no response to the CSTV question. College hockey. I need college hockey. So as I shop for the new TV for upstairs, I can look forward to this.

However, today, I was disturbed by this. Not cool. Big Ten Network will get second choice for the football game of the week? I missed ONE Michigan football game last year with only a basic cable subscription. I was anticipating a similar situation this year. Not if some stupid "regional" network steals it away! I'm guessing Cox won't add Big Ten Network in Fairfax County, VA?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home