Friday, May 11, 2007

On goodbyes

My boss' last day is today. The implications of this are great around here. Management has announced plans to list the position at a level far above that of the candidates who would be interested. Couple that with the fact that my boss has been here 8 years (through a lot of changes), and she's been a great asset to this place, and people are upset.

Goodbyes are hard. I haven't even worked here a year, and I feel like things are going to be a lot different. It's that awful series finale feeling. There are going to be hugs and freeze frames and maybe someone from the past involved who left the show because they weren't being paid enough, but came back because they still had enough goodwill left for the final episode.

I've had two of these moments in my relatively short career. Usually they involve me. This has me wondering what's in my future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home