Friday, April 06, 2007

Holidays

Holidays, like a lot of other things, make me very introspective. It could be the whole "returning home" theme that seems to come along with them. It's depressing, exciting, a whole lot of things at once. You see a kid you were good friends with working as a checker at Target, but five minutes later, you hear how someone from your class is in some ridiculous position at Texas Instruments.
This year would be my 10 year high school reunion, but I won't be there. I'm picking one reunion (probably 20) and that's it.

About five years ago, they laid sections of new sidewalk on Pennsylvania Ave between 22nd and 23rd St. The workers bolted 2x4s to the concrete (to level it out, I guess). The 2x4s are still there. It amazes me how much has happened since the concrete was laid, and still those pieces of wood continue to waste away, totally forgotten. That's your weird, introspective thought of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home