Thursday, April 05, 2007

Back in the Saddle

March 9 was the last post? What have all 16 of you been up to during that time?

Oh, me? Where was I? Well, still mostly home. But Michigan and St. Louis also. I planted seeds. Impatiens, coleus, and cilantro. Only the cilantro's come up. I'm a bit worried about the others. Never tried them from seed before. They've been in the little pots for about two weeks. And the weather's been so crazy. It's gone from almost 85 Monday to upper 40s today, and it might snow on Easter. Snow. On Easter. When the AVERAGE temperature is like 66, and I can remember years when it was in the 80s on Easter Sunday. Not this time. So the plants have to come in this weekend. And I need to make sure my mom moves the grapefruit tree inside tonight.

Ah, yes. I have a grapefruit tree. In Virginia. My grandma's neighbor started it from a seed when I was 10 or 11. My sister's died within a year, but mine is still going strong. It's about as tall as I am (and no, I'm not a pygmy), and the trunk is probably four inches thick. Pretty good for an ornamental. It stays at my parents' house. Outside from March to about Thanksgiving, and than it comes in for its dormancy. I'm terrified that a move will kill it, even though it is a tree with a root ball the diameter of a truck tire.

That's a little bit of this end. There's a lot more. I'd better remember to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home