Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Most Troubling Part of Don Imus' Remarks

Without even getting into the political/racial/social impact of what he actually said, I'd like to ask where our nation's senior citizens are learning these words?

Seriously, this guy is 67 YEARS OLD. I can't imagine my parents or grandparents having the vocabulary to make a statement like this. Does he listen to hip-hop? I'm going to say no to that one without doing the background research. I don't think he hangs out with people who would say stuff like that. A large portion of his life is probably consumed with his radio show. So I'm still confused. Now onto what should happen to him.

I think that when a TV/radio personality like Imus makes a comment like this, they should be forced into oblivion. Billy Packer should be forced to suffer the same fate, even if his comments were just the antiquated use of what's today a "bad word." Suspension is just disappointing. Are these people such gods in our society that we want them back? Where are the 35-year olds waiting in the wings to force these guys out? Surely we're producing talented younger people to fill these jobs..... right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home