Monday, May 19, 2008

Jim Leyland Resigns?

Now the problems the Tigers are having this season have been documented many times, but I've recently had a Nostradamic run, so here goes:

I think Leyland quits today. I hope I'm wrong. He's done great things for the Tigers and Detroit baseball in general. But this season will not end well. The Tigers are on pace for 63 wins. 63-99. Read that again. 63-99. Do I think that'll happen? No way. Too much talent. But if I had to predict a season-ending record, I'd probably go with 79-83. And that's going to mean people get fired and/or cut. I think Jim will try to go as gracefully as he can, but it's Jim Leyland. A ballerina he ain't. His way is gruff and blunt, and I think that's how he'll leave as manager. And I think it will happen in the next 4 hours. And I think the Wings win tonight. Finally.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home